Description of Job:
Koons Environmental Design is looking for an innovative and creative Landscape Architect with 2+ years of professional experience to join our team. Candidate will provide project support including research, site review, graphic communication and presentations, construction documentation, and construction administration. Candidates should have a full range of project experience from conceptual design through construction administration. Successful candidate will have good design sense/instinct, initiative, and strong desire to exceed expectations.
Koons Environmental Design is a multi-disciplinary landscape architecture/land-planning firm founded in 2007. KED is locally owned and operated studio on the edge of downtown Athens, GA. We are small, family-oriented, energetic, passionate, and dedicated. Our portfolio includes a wide variety of projects including campus planning, civic, commercial and institutional site development, parks and recreation facility planning and design, urban design and planning, and mixed-use facilities. Our combined abilities in design and engineering result in design solutions that integrate creativity, aesthetics, and environmental sensitivity.
- Responsible, hard-working, self-motivated individual
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong oral, written and graphic communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management skills
- Strong hand graphic skills complemented by Computer Graphic Skills
- Flexibility to perform duties as volume dictates
- Accountability for work being performed and completed on time
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Land FX, Adobe Suite, Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Degree in Landscape Architecture, BLA
- MLA with prior degree in Landscape Architecture or Allied Field or min. 5+ years experience
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation is hourly with Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedule, and Health Care Allowance. KED participates in profit sharing through distribution of semi-annual bonuses and project bonuses.
How to Apply:
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: