Description of Job / Position
Join our team of passionate landscape architects working to create active, healthy communities! If you are looking for an opportunity to design and develop better communities, this position is for you.
At KAIZEN Collaborative, we work to create comfortable and inviting public spaces for people of all ages and abilities. We are passionate about our work making a difference in the life of many throughout (and beyond) the State of Georgia. KAIZEN is a growing landscape architecture firm focused on active transportation facilities which benefit all citizens. As such, the potential to grow and advance in the company from within is a potential for all employees.
As an Associate Landscape Designer / Urban Designer, you will assist with the planning and/or design of multi-use projects focused on quality of life improvements for pedestrians and cyclists. You will be involved with fast paced, results driven projects and be part of a creative and dynamic team. You’ll assist the Project Manager with our clients, planners, and engineers to take concept plans and make them reality through design development, detailing, specifications, and permitting.
• A bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, civil engineering, or related design field.
• A minimum of 3 years of hands-on urban design or landscape architecture experience
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp, ArcGIS, or similar products.
• Knowledge of, and interest in, the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
• In-depth understanding of street and trail design principles.
• General understanding of NACTO, MUTCD, ADA, and relevant state DOT design requirements.
• General knowledge of the principles of site grading and general construction techniques.
• Exhibits strong initiative and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Strong professional ethics, leadership skills, accountability, and decision-making capabilities.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and analytic skills.
• Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Passion for urban design and quality connections for bicyclists and pedestrians.
• Understanding of active transportation guidelines, regulations, and design.
• Ability to work along with a collaborative team of engineers from concept to construction.
• Ability to engage stakeholders, advisory groups, steering committees, and the public throughout trail master planning.
• Motivated to work with the KAIZEN Team and solve new connectivity challenges.
• Desire to take ownership of projects and deliver high-quality work on time and on budget.
• During the construction design phase, you want to get into the weeds on every detail.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please email Greta deMayo firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. For more information about KAIZEN Collaborative, LLC, visit our website (www.kaizencollaborative.com) or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/KAIZENCollaborative).