FIELD Landscape Architecture, an Atlanta-based design firm, is hiring a full-time landscape architect or landscape designer with 3 to 5 years of experience to work across diverse projects within a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The firm focuses on creating memorable, immersive spaces and is seeking a candidate who is enthusiastic, creative, attentive to detail and skilled in both design and project management.
• Assisting and managing with design work from concept through construction completion.
• Working through complex design problems while understanding the opportunities and constraints of the project site.
• Production of digital and hand graphic presentation drawings.
• Develop and prepare permit drawings including attending local advisory meetings and/or variance review meetings.
• Develop and prepare construction documents.
• Understanding and ability to work through complex grading and drainage design.
• Develop and prepare planting plans.
• Construction administration including bid document and pricing coordination, construction oversight, coordination with contractors, assisting with material selection and responding to questions that arise in the field.
• Demonstrating a general understanding of construction costs and ability to understand and apply parameters of project budgets.
• Traveling to project sites as needed.
• Ability to build strong working relationships with clients, collaborators and efficiently coordinate with consultants to solve design challenges.
• Ability to learn and/or possessing a firm understanding of local building codes and regulations to each specific project.
Ideal candidates must have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture with 3-5 years of experience working in a design office. Residential design experience and construction oversight experience is a plus but not necessary. Other skills include strong design, graphic and technical experience, project management and strong communication skills and proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite and Microsoft office. Having a landscape architecture license is a plus but not necessary.
Salary & Benefits
FIELD Landscape Architecture offers a competitive salary, a benefits package including 15 days of paid time off, federal holidays off, an annual bonus commensurate on performance, health insurance, optional vision and dental and the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment in a growing design firm.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio of work samples to email@example.com.
Please keep portfolio to under 12mb.