ROOT DESIGN STUDIO is seeking a Landscape Architect who is passionate about design and interested in helping to grow a small business. The applicant does not need to be licensed but should have three to five years of Project Management experience. The applicant should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set willing to take on multiple responsibilities.
Root Design Studio is a small but growing landscape architecture firm located in Tucker, GA. We have an extremely diverse portfolio of clients including private developers, municipalities, and governmental agencies at the local, state and federal levels. Our projects include everything from large-scale master plans and site development to detailed design and construction oversight. Our core principles are Integrity, Quality Design and Customer Service. Our goal is to become one of the premier design firms in the southeast.
The primary requirement for this position is to manage and perform the day-to-day tasks necessary to complete a diverse range of projects from concept through implementation or any stage along the way. Specific tasks could include any combination of the following:
– CAD drafting
– Planting and/or hardscape design
– Tree plans
– Construction documents / plan preparation
– Site visits
– Product research
– Master planning
– Assistance with proposals
– Funding opportunity research
The applicant would be expected to jump in and assist wherever help is needed. The applicant should be someone who is not afraid to take on new and diverse responsibilities and offer suggestions on how to improve the business.
Education & Skill Set:
A bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture. Meaningful work experience with either a landscape architecture firm, an architecture firm, an engineering firm or a multi-disciplinary firm. The applicant must have a firm grasp of how our industry operates and be able to perform most of the above mentioned tasks without needing constant supervision or training.
– Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Photoshop
– Solid design sensibility and attention to detail
– Decent hand graphics
– Good communication skills (verbal and written)
– Project management and time management
– Ability to assemble construction documents
Bonus Skills (any of these would be seen as a great benefit):
– Proficiency with Google Sketchup, InDesign, Illustrator and any other computer rendering software
– Graphic design capabilities (web site, proposal formatting, logos, signage, branding, etc.)
– Ability to manage and complete a project from start to finish
– Ability to contribute meaningful creative design solutions to complex problems
– Experience with public outreach and public meeting facilitation
– Cost estimating
– Proficiency with code review / understanding of laws and regulations
– ISA arborist certification
– GSWCC Level II certification
– Experience with green infrastructure and sustainable design
– Stream bank restoration / constructed wetlands
– Knowledge of horticulture and native plants
Salary & Benefits:
Minimum annual salary for this position is $70,000. Benefits will include two weeks paid vacation, 401(k), and a flex schedule with the ability to work from home on occasion. RDS is also committed to enhancing your strengths and improving your weaknesses through on-the-job training, mentoring, and providing access to continuing education opportunities.
How To Apply:
Please email a resume, portfolio and contact information to mkidd@RootDStudio.com
Upon review of your information, we will contact you to schedule an interview at our office.
Learn more about Root Design Studio at www.RootDStudio.com