DTJ DESIGN (DTJ), an international award-winning multi-discipline design firm, has excellent opportunities in our Boulder and Atlanta landscape architecture and planning studios! DTJ has a diverse portfolio of high quality projects on a variety of scales and around the globe including; community development, clubs & amenities, resorts, senior housing, multi-family housing, builder housing, and themed entertainment.
DTJ provides an ideal atmosphere for designers to excel within a collaborative environment. We value our designers’ ideas and focus on their professional and personal growth on great projects. DTJ is a high energy office that values a “work hard/play hard” environment. Current projects include Centennial Olympic Park, Universal Studios, Town of Breckenridge and Lake Nona Development.
Sr. Urban & Residential Planner (12 +years) – Boulder: We are also seeking a Senior Planner who will bring passion, artistry and creativity to our community design studio. Experience to include:
• Community Design, Visioning and Site-specific planning experience including residential and resort environments
• Provides positive studio leadership with ability to motivate, lead and mentor staff in various aspects of the profession.
• Ability to manage multiple small to medium size design teams, sub consultants located around the country and world. (Willingness to travel is a plus)
• Proven ability to profitably manage projects with an in depth understanding of budgeting, fee generation, proposal and contract writing, billing, project reporting, work projections and scheduling.
• Ability to manage multiple small to medium size design and sub consultant teams.
• Executes work independently with current design and/or production techniques, codes, procedures and Client requirements.
• Responsibility for entire construction budget, scheduling, design and production with authority to direct and monitor portions of the project scope.
• Writes complicated scope of agreements and fees.
• Choreographs creative design solutions and demonstrates technical accuracy and distinguished graphic techniques.
• Makes most decisions independently and performs significant and complex work.
• Helps coordinate studio leadership tasks including; weekly staffing, mentoring/training, reviews, evaluates recruiting needs, recommends IT solutions, etc.
• Participates and supports business development efforts including; RFP/RFQ’s, coordination of team members and marketing materials.
• Knowledge of grading, construction detailing, specifications, bidding, construction administration as well as experience with city submittal and entitlement processes.
• Rendering skills a plus
• Strength in creating a vision and framework associated with Community Master Plans
• Exceptional graphics packaging skills
• Strong site planning and grading skills with ability to work with topography
• Understanding of site planning standards and entitlement process
• Understanding of horizontal and vertical alignment of roadways
• Excellent hand and computer plan graphics with proven skills in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and Adobe Suite
|Education Requirements: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture and/or Planning or equivalent design degree.
DTJ offers competitive compensation with an excellent benefit package including profit sharing, 401k, medical insurance, three weeks paid time off with the option of purchasing additional time and seven federal holidays. Most importantly, DTJ offers an exciting career working in a multi-discipline firm with great advancement opportunities.
Please send a resume and graphic samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with desired job title and location in the subject line. Keep all submissions under 9MB. No phone calls.
Learn More about DTJ at dtjdesign.com